Re: Making pgsql error messages more developers' friendly.

From: Csaba Nagy <nagy(at)ecircle-ag(dot)com>
To: Jan Wieck <JanWieck(at)Yahoo(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Making pgsql error messages more developers' friendly.
Date: 2003-06-30 08:45:41
Lists: pgsql-general

What about development time ? It is always nice to have the database
give you some actually useful pointers instead of making you loose your
time chasing around the error in your code. We are all just humans, do
mistakes, and do like when the mistake is easily spotted by an error
message pointing to the right place.
So the rationale of the request is legitimate.
Your repulsion against comparisons with other databases might be
understandable, but it's the best reference language for non-developer
postgres users to describe the requested feature in terms of the feature
of another database.

Cheers,
Csaba.