Re: Redhat's "enhancements" to PG

From: Ron Johnson <ron(dot)l(dot)johnson(at)cox(dot)net>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Redhat's "enhancements" to PG
Date: 2003-06-27 22:58:08
Lists: pgsql-general

On Fri, 2003-06-27 at 17:35, The Hermit Hacker wrote:
> On Fri, 27 Jun 2003, Guy Fraser wrote:
>
> > I agree it would be nice to know.
> >
> > I mentioned this a while back. At the time RH was messing up things
> > unrelated to PG, when I mentioned that they keep there "enhancments" to
> > them selves rather that use them to better the whole community, I was
> > flamed by RH supporters. I have provided fixes and enhancements to
> > different software products over the years, and have supplied most bach
> > to the community. I don't want to get flamed so I'll just leave it there.
>
> Figure the # of hours that Tom Lane works on PostgreSQL, and the # of
> commits and changes he makes ... I think Redhat gives one *helluva* lot
> back to the community, no?

So Tom works for RH?

| Ron Johnson, Jr. Home: ron(dot)l(dot)johnson(at)cox(dot)net |
| Jefferson, LA USA http://members.cox.net/ron.l.johnson |
| |
| "Oh, great altar of passive entertainment, bestow upon me |
| thy discordant images at such speed as to render linear |
| thought impossible" (Calvin, regarding TV) |