Re: [HACKERS] SAP and MySQL ... [and Benchmark]

From: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
To: kar(at)kakidata(dot)dk
Cc: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] SAP and MySQL ... [and Benchmark]
Date: 2003-06-16 14:32:43
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

On Fri, 2003-06-13 at 19:04, Kaare Rasmussen wrote:
> > are people willing to delay releases for marketing purposes? we seem to
> > be into a nasty habit of release on holidays which means it has taken us
> > a few days to get all of the websites updated and emails sent out. if we
> > could get core to support the idea that a release date must get approval
> > from the advocacy guys before it can be announced that would be helpful.

<snip>
> Also, I don't see that press releases necessarily has to be made at the last
> minute. All the features of a major release will be in place weeks before the
> release date as there always will be beta testing.

Just to clarify, by delay I mean "instead of release this Wednesday,
let's do it on Friday". This should only be needed for purposes of
coordinating between the folks doing translations, sending emails,
updating the websites, setting up the ftp servers, and that type of
thing. I expect to start the press release process at the start of
feature freeze (July 1st).

Robert Treat