Re: WIP: shared ispell dictionary

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Teodor Sigaev <teodor(at)sigaev(dot)ru>
Subject: Re: WIP: shared ispell dictionary
Date: 2010-03-18 14:40:32
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> I know so Tom worries about using of share memory.

You're right, and if I have any say in the matter no patch like this
will ever go in.

What I would suggest looking into is some way of preprocessing the raw
text dictionary file into a format that can be slurped into memory
quickly. The main problem compared to the way things are done now
is that the current internal format relies heavily on pointers.
Maybe you could replace those by offsets?