Re: pl-pgsql question

From: Ron Johnson <ron(dot)l(dot)johnson(at)cox(dot)net>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pl-pgsql question
Date: 2003-05-27 21:35:03
Lists: pgsql-general

On Thu, 2003-04-24 at 17:02, Darren Ferguson wrote:
> Just the last statement that occurred in that session provided it is an
> update / delete as far as i know
>
> Darren

Should also refer to INSERT INTO ... SELECT ... FROM.

> Dennis Gearon wrote:
>
> > What's the scope of that statement, just the last statement within the
> > same session, all statements within that session, what?
> >
> > Darren Ferguson wrote:
> >
> >> rows INTEGER;
> >>
> >> UPDATE foo SET bar = ''test'';
> >> GET DIAGNOSTICS rows := ROW_COUNT;
> >>
> >> This will return the number of rows actually updated by the system
> >>
> >> HTH
> >> Darren

| Ron Johnson, Jr. Home: ron(dot)l(dot)johnson(at)cox(dot)net |
| Jefferson, LA USA http://members.cox.net/ron.l.johnson |
| |
| Regarding war zones: "There's nothing sacrosanct about a |
| hotel with a bunch of journalists in it." |
| Marine Lt. Gen. Bernard E. Trainor (Retired) |