Re: Creating functions and triggers

From: Network Administrator <netadmin(at)vcsn(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Creating functions and triggers
Date: 2003-05-13 18:16:52
Lists: pgsql-general

We're saying the same thing- non-admin user (superusers) can only install
untrusted languages. However, I didn't know you could grant rights to a
untrusted function. That is interesting because I thought the language's
trusted status was based on who owned the database. For instance, if I installed
Perl as untrusted into template1 wouldn't any user database based I create for
regular users (as the superuser but making them the database owner) run PL/Perl
functions as trusted?

The initial reason for my post is that I [thought] I saw some talk about writing
files as using PL/Perl instead of PL/Sh and I thought PL/Perl did not allow
regular users to write files to the file system, no?

Funny how 1 question leads to another- which is cool, 'cause I like to learn
some'n new everyday!

--
Keith C. Perry
Director of Networks & Applications