Re: ALTER USER

From: Rod Taylor <rbt(at)rbt(dot)ca>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)dcc(dot)uchile(dot)cl>
Cc: Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: ALTER USER
Date: 2003-03-16 17:03:48
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> I see now that one can use this syntax to make a user valid forever,
> though it is different than setting the value to NULL (as is when the
> user hasn't got a validity defined). This should be mentioned in the
> docs, I think.

It may be worth while to change the default for valuntil to be
'infinity'. NULL implies they will expire, we're just not sure when.
Infinity shows that we do not intend to expire the user -- which is more
in-line with the actual implementation.

--
Rod Taylor <rbt(at)rbt(dot)ca>

PGP Key: http://www.rbt.ca/rbtpub.asc