Hints for a medium Web site configuration of PostgreSQL

From: Gabriele Bartolini <g(dot)bartol(at)comune(dot)prato(dot)it>
To: PostgreSQL-General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Hints for a medium Web site configuration of PostgreSQL
Date: 2003-02-28 09:04:02
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi guys,

can you please briefly show me the crucial configuration parameters
to set for an online database of PostgreSQL running with Apache/PHP and
Java servlets queries?

Apart from max_connections, which 'timeout' values should I pay
attention to? And which other parameters should I care of particularly?

If I am not asking too much, I'd love some examples or references ...
:-)

Ciao and thanks a lot!
-Gabriele
--
Gabriele Bartolini - Web Programmer
Comune di Prato - Prato - Tuscany - Italy