Re: [mail] Re: Windows Build System

From: Greg Copeland <greg(at)CopelandConsulting(dot)Net>
To: Dann Corbit <DCorbit(at)connx(dot)com>
Subject: Re: [mail] Re: Windows Build System
Date: 2003-02-01 06:18:19
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, 2003-01-31 at 19:22, Dann Corbit wrote:
> For MySQL:
> There is no Cygwin needed. Period.

Any idea as to why we seem to be getting such a conflicting story here?
By several accounts, it does. Now, your saying it doesn't. What the
heck is going on here. Not that I'm doubting you. I'm just trying to
figure out which side of the coin is the shinny one. ;)

There's a tool that comes with either the resource kit or the VC++ stuff
that will tell you information like what ldd does. I don't recall the
name of the tool. Can anyone comment if cygwin (or equivalent) is being
linked in (statically or dynamically)?

--
Greg Copeland <greg(at)copelandconsulting(dot)net>
Copeland Computer Consulting