Re: postgresql with SuSE 8.0

From: Art Fore <afore(at)sonic(dot)net>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: postgresql with SuSE 8.0
Date: 2003-01-27 22:25:50
Lists: pgsql-novice

Well, I am no fan of MS SQL, but as I mentioned, it was pretty easy to
install a few years ago, about 4 I think. Maybe Red Hat does makes it
easier, but SuSE sure did not. Normaly Suse does pretty good with these
type programs. Also, my database needs are pretty simple, parts
database, things like that.

A type of flow-chart where the myriad of config files belong and a basid
description would really help, but I have never seen that. MySQL was
easier to install and configure, but it does not have stored views as
Postgresql.

Art