from mssql7.0 and ASP to postgres and PHP

From: Luis Miedzinski <miluis(at)millicom(dot)com(dot)ar>
To: Postgresql Novice List <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: from mssql7.0 and ASP to postgres and PHP
Date: 2003-01-24 11:56:46
Lists: pgsql-novice

Im porting 3 sites developed in ASP and MSQSLserver 7.0 to Linux.
We selected posgrest due mainly to views, triggers and so on.
1) How to import tables.?
I did the scripting of my MS dbs and after that tryed to convert them to
text and so, but when therre are lots of tables this system is really
ugly. Maybe an ODBC solution?.
2) Is PHP the one and only best solution.?
Maybe ASP::Perl is better, or Python or ....etc, really I dont know and
I am lost in a jungle of docs.
PS: I beg you pardon for my English.