pg_dump a specific schema

From: Neil Conway <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL Patches <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: pg_dump a specific schema
Date: 2003-01-10 18:30:17
Lists: pgsql-patches

This patch allows pg_dump to dump the contents of a specific schema, and
updates the documentation for pg_dump.

I used the '-n' and '--namespace' command-line arguments. I did some
limited testing and it seems to work fine, but there may be some bugs
lurking in it...

BTW, If the user specifies a non-existent namespace, what should pg_dump
do? ISTM that printing an error message and aborting the dump is
probably best, but presently non-existent namespaces are ignored, since
-t follows a similar policy. Should we change both of these?

Cheers,

Neil
--
Neil Conway <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com> || PGP Key ID: DB3C29FC

Attachment Content-Type Size
ns_pg_dump-4.patch text/x-patch 12.9 KB