Re: Version Numbering

From: Neil Conway <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com>
To: greg(at)turnstep(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Version Numbering
Date: 2002-12-13 15:20:44
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On Fri, 2002-12-13 at 10:03, greg(at)turnstep(dot)com wrote:
> Version numbering is a red herring. We have much bigger fish to fry,
> such as the lousy website, the bad documentation, and the lack of
> built-in replication.

Exactly! Beside the fact that a lot of people (including much of our
current user base) find marketing-oriented versioning to be annoying,
the key point is that it's really not a good way to spend marketing
time: there are LOTS of more productive things for the advocacy group to
be working on.

Regarding documentation: can you suggest some specific areas for
improvement?

Cheers,

Neil