Re: Server v7.3RC2 Dies

From: Neil Conway <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com>
To: CN <cnliou9(at)fastmail(dot)fm>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Server v7.3RC2 Dies
Date: 2002-11-27 16:30:33
Lists: pgsql-general

On Wed, 2002-11-27 at 07:54, CN wrote:
> database1=# alter table table40 add CONSTRAINT fkt40c2 FOREIGN KEY (c2)
> REFERENCES table13 (c1) ON UPDATE CASCADE ON delete cascade;
> NOTICE: ALTER TABLE will create implicit trigger(s) for FOREIGN KEY
> check(s)
> ERROR: fkt40c2 referential integrity violation - key referenced from t40
> not f3
> database1=# copy table40 to '/tmp/table40';
> This probably means the server terminated abnormally

Can you get a backtrace from the core file? The core file should be
located in $PGDATA/base/$oid_of_database ($oid_of_database being the OID
of the database the backend was connected to). If you could recompile
PostgreSQL with debugging symbols (./configure --enable-debug), that
would be more useful.

Also, can you get a reproducible example of the crash? I tried to
reproduce it based on your other message (table2, columns c1 & c2,
failed attempt to add an FK), but couldn't produce any problems...

Cheers,

Neil