Convert Dynmaic SQL from MS SQL procedure to PostgreSQL PL/pgsql function

From: "annachau" <annachau(at)hongkong(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org " <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Convert Dynmaic SQL from MS SQL procedure to PostgreSQL PL/pgsql function
Date: 2002-11-21 15:58:27
Lists: pgsql-general

I have some problems on MS SQL procedure convert to PostgreSQL PL/pgsql function. Please give me some advice. Can I dynmaic declare cursor out of DECLARATION block and in STATEMENTS BLOCK?

I have many procedure in MS SQL which run dynmaic SQL Example:

if (UPPER(@DBTableName) = 'OT_APPLNCUSTOMER' or UPPER(@DBTableName) = 'OT_APPLTADDRTBL' )

begin
Set @SQLStm = 'Declare Cur_Temp_Attribute Cursor ' +
'For select ' + @DBTableField + ' From ' +