Re: Problems invoking psql. Help please.

From: Oliver Elphick <olly(at)lfix(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: Hugh Esco <hesco(at)greens(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Problems invoking psql. Help please.
Date: 2002-11-20 14:45:14
Lists: pgsql-sql

On Wed, 2002-11-20 at 13:52, Hugh Esco wrote:
> However, when I again attempt to invoke the psql client, I get this:

> >biko:/usr/bin$ ./psql -U postgres template1
> >Could not execv /usr/lib/postgresql/bin/psql

Pay attention to the exact message and do not flounder around
aimlessly. There is no reason to be messing about with pg_hba.conf.
You have some kind of system problem here.

execv() is a system call to run another executable in place of the
current process. If the other executable is not present, or does not
have permissions, you will not be able to run it. Find out why.

--
Oliver Elphick Oliver(dot)Elphick(at)lfix(dot)co(dot)uk
Isle of Wight, UK