pg_dumpall / restore issues

From: Derek Neighbors <derek(at)gnue(dot)org>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pg_dumpall / restore issues
Date: 2002-09-28 17:06:07
Lists: pgsql-admin

After a recent failure and restore I noticed two things that might be
bugs in pg_dumpall:

1. It saves the users passwords as plain text in the dump. (gack)
2. It doesnt seem to be i18n friendly. Our tables had lots of
umlats and accent's etc in them and they barfed on the restore
noticed that they were represented as \0232 or such. I had
to hand fix all occurances to import.

--
Derek Neighbors
GNU Enterprise