Re: Deadlock situation using foreign keys (reproduceable)

From: Thomas O'Dowd <tom(at)nooper(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Deadlock situation using foreign keys (reproduceable)
Date: 2002-08-26 02:27:12
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi all,

I've been having a lot of trouble with deadlocks in 7.2.1 because of
foreign keys. I dug out a couple of messages from the list archives
which cover this topic.

One particular message indicates a fix was being worked on.
--------
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 09:03:06 -0700 (PDT)
From: Stephan Szabo

Please see past disussions on the fact that the lock grabbed is too
strong. I'm going to (when I get time to work on it) try out a lower
strength lock that Alex Hayward made a patch for that should
limit/prevent these cases. Thanks for sending a nice simple test case
to try against :)

My question is if this is now resolved for 7.3? I'm trying to figure out
what I can do with my 7.2.1 problems... Has anyone got a back-ported
patch, perhaps against 7.2.2?

Any help appreciated, thanks!

Tom.
--