OFF-TOPIC: stored procedures

From: Felipe Schnack <felipes(at)ritterdosreis(dot)br>
To: pgsql-jdbc <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: OFF-TOPIC: stored procedures
Date: 2002-08-21 19:44:50
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hi everybody
I'm starting a new project in PostgreSQL and Java. My original idea
was to use *only* stored procedures to database access in it. Some other
programmers here think this is too much complicated. So, now I'm
thinking about put all SELECTs in stored procedures and let programmers
use simple INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE operations directly in code.
What do you think about it? Suggestions?

--

Felipe Schnack
Analista de Sistemas

Faculdade Ritter dos Reis