Re: Explain Output made Colorful

From: Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder <avbidder(at)fortytwo(dot)ch>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Explain Output made Colorful
Date: 2002-08-20 08:09:04
Lists: pgsql-general

On Mon, 2002-08-19 at 21:27, Ian Harding wrote:
> I have a hard time looking at explain output, so I cobbled together this script to generate HTML with certain things highlighted in colors of your choosing. Please note that I know as much shelll scripting as I do Swahili.

Cool idea. thanks.

Note on the color scheme. People often think red=bad, green=good.
Perhaps a more neutral coloring would be appropriate - seqscan is not
bad, pg choses seqscan because it thinks it would be faster, after all.
(If there is an index available, of course).

cheers
-- vbi

--
secure email with gpg http://fortytwo.ch/gpg