Re: Documentation DTD

From: Rod Taylor <rbt(at)zort(dot)ca>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Documentation DTD
Date: 2002-08-15 19:33:11
Lists: pgsql-docs pgsql-hackers

> > Yes, after updating docs to the newer DTD I intend to make them XML
> > compliant to ensure they work with v5 of docbook in the future.
>
> Ah, an XML vs. SGML debate. I look forward to it.

This one is pretty simple. It's been announced that the docbook group
isn't looking to continue with SGML. This is shown on the oasis-open
pages as well as their discussion in the mailing lists (xsltproc and fop
rather than jade and dsssl).

I prefer working with SGML, but not enough to try hacking away at
openjade to finish it off :)

Anyway, you're right about the patch. Lets apply it to the 7.4 tree
after branching.