Re: Problems viewing a table called "user" in

From: Rod Taylor <rbt(at)zort(dot)ca>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: Johan Mjönes <johan(dot)mjones(at)agent25(dot)se>, pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Problems viewing a table called "user" in
Date: 2002-08-13 12:02:55
Lists: pgadmin-support

This would cost an extra query for every query, but you could let the DB
manage it with:

select quote_ident('user');

Just pile on all of the identifiers into a list and use the results for
the real query. This way it'll work across all versions of Postgresql
as well as future ones without any changes required to the 'keylist'.