Re: 7.4.2 release notes

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: 7.4.2 release notes
Date: 2004-03-07 20:51:15
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Here are the 7.4.2 release notes I made. I have a few question:

> What detail do we need on the pg_statistics alignment fix? Do we need
> to show an UPDATE query to fix database? What are the ramifications of
> leaving it alone?

Potential crashes :-(. I think we must give a detailed procedure for
fixing the problem if you don't initdb. I am working on that now.

> A few categories list "various fixes" for rare fixes we made in a few
> areas. We would not normally spell those out in detail in a major
> release, and I assume we wouldn't do that in a minor release either.

That's OK. One thing I am also changing is to remove the entries that
are duplicates of the items fixed in 7.3.6 --- I think we can just refer
to the 7.3.6 notes instead.