Re: Our archive searching stinks

From: Alessio Bragadini <alessio(at)albourne(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Our archive searching stinks
Date: 2002-06-21 15:34:03
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, 2002-06-21 at 17:07, Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> > Can we find out why the email/news gateway drops messages?
>
> Email->News gateways aren't the best to start with, since they rely on far
> too many variables ... main one coming to mind is if the news server is
> down for any length of time ... this should be improved now, as we moved
> it over to the new server pretty much as soon as it came online, and so
> far has been *alot* more stable there then on the old one ...

Unfortunately, I've received only an handful of messages in the
newsgroups during the last couple of week, and it doesn't seem to
improve.

In fact, I've suggested to my users to go back to using lists, because
the service is not reliable.

--
Alessio F. Bragadini alessio(at)albourne(dot)com
APL Financial Services http://village.albourne.com

"It is more complicated than you think"
-- The Eighth Networking Truth from RFC 1925