Re: pg_dump max file size exceeded

From: Tuna Chatterjee <tchatter(at)alert(dot)infoplease(dot)com>
To: Fred Moyer <fred(at)digicamp(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pg_dump max file size exceeded
Date: 2002-03-19 23:32:17
Lists: pgsql-admin

hi fred,

i ran into the same problem a couple of weeks ago and realized that the
problem was where the dump was being put instead of trying to deal with
the size of the file.

go ahead and do type 'df' at the command prompt and look at the space
allocated to your partitions. do the database dump accordingly. i.e. i
found out that /var/tmp was the perfect place to spit out my dbdump.txt
file.

good luck!
tuna