Re: ALTER TABLE OWNER: change indexes

From: Neil Conway <nconway(at)klamath(dot)dyndns(dot)org>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL Patches <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: ALTER TABLE OWNER: change indexes
Date: 2002-03-05 21:17:42
Lists: pgsql-patches

On Tue, 2002-03-05 at 16:08, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> OK, I propose that we do the index part of this patch too. No one seems
> to know if seting the index user id to zero in pg_class will break
> things so we may as keep it consistent. Can you send that over?

Sure. The attached patch makes ALTER TABLE OWNER change the ownership of
any indexes belonging to the target table, as well as refactoring the
code involved.

Cheers,

Neil

--
Neil Conway <neilconway(at)rogers(dot)com>
PGP Key ID: DB3C29FC

Attachment Content-Type Size
alter_index_owner-full.patch text/x-patch 6.8 KB