We no longer have a fallback for machines without working int64

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: We no longer have a fallback for machines without working int64
Date: 2010-01-05 15:47:33
Lists: pgsql-hackers

As pointed out here
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2010-01/msg00145.php
the current zic code doesn't cope gracefully with lack of working
int64. Considering the trouble we've gone to throughout the rest
of the system to support such compilers, it's a bit annoying to
have this little detail break it. On the other hand, it's unclear
that anybody still cares. (Other than people running SCO Openserver,
for whom I have little sympathy anyway.)

Thoughts? Is it worth expending any energy on?