Re: libpgtcl and WinNT

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Ludek Finstrle <xfinstrl(at)informatics(dot)muni(dot)cz>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: libpgtcl and WinNT
Date: 2001-05-02 04:57:44
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
Ludek Finstrle <xfinstrl(at)informatics(dot)muni(dot)cz> writes:
>   I have compilation problem with libpgtcl from postgresql 7.1 on WinNT.
> The problem was that Tcl/Tk under WinNT doesn't support Tcl_CreateFileHandler
> and Tcl_DeleteFileHandler functions.

Yup.  This is not new in 7.1, it's been like that since Tcl 8.0 came

In their infinite(?) wisdom, the Tcl boys removed all cross-platform
support for waiting for socket input in Tcl 8.0.  Presently libpgtcl
depends on Tcl_CreateFileHandler which is a Unix-only API.  Feel free
to contribute code to implement a Windows-compatible solution (maybe
even a Mac-compatible-too solution, like we used to have pre-Tcl-8).
Or rattle the cage over in Tcl land till they get some sense knocked
back into them.  Or something.  But right now it's busted.