Re: Why MemoryContextSwitch in ExecRelCheck ?

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Holger Krug <hkrug(at)rationalizer(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Why MemoryContextSwitch in ExecRelCheck ?
Date: 2002-01-07 18:38:38
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Holger Krug <hkrug(at)rationalizer(dot)com> writes:
>> [ thinks ... ] It might be unnecessary. I'm not convinced that the
>> per-query context would always be the active one when ExecRelCheck is
>> called, however. There are various per-tuple contexts that might be
>> used as well.

> I think, there aren't,

Right now, it might well be the case that ExecRelCheck is always called
in the per-query context. The point I was trying to make is that I'd
like to change the code so that we don't run so much code with current
context set to per-query context; at which point ExecRelCheck will fail
if it hasn't got that MemoryContextSwitchTo. So, yeah, it's work in
progress.