Re: postmaster shutdown - LWLockAcquire?

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Markus Wollny" <Markus(dot)Wollny(at)computec(dot)de>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: postmaster shutdown - LWLockAcquire?
Date: 2002-03-07 15:25:39
Lists: pgsql-admin

"Markus Wollny" <Markus(dot)Wollny(at)computec(dot)de> writes:
> This is the relevant bit of the Logfile:

What are your client(s) doing to provoke this crash? (If you don't
already know, try running the postmaster at -d2 to get logging of
queries. Might want to turn on log_connections and log_pid too.)

I doubt that the template0 connection attempts are causing the crash;
at least that doesn't seem to cause any problem here.

The LWLockAcquire failure suggests that some code path is trying to
invoke LWLockAcquire before locking support has been set up in a new
backend. But I have no idea where that could be, if it's being seen
by you and not anyone else.

> PostgreSQL 7.2 running on Cygwin, Win2k, 2GB RAM, quad-processor by the
> way, we are doing access via ODBC. I'd be happy to provide any more
> information if it could help in solving the problem - and I'd be very
> happy about helpful advice.

I don't suppose you'd consider "run a real OS" as helpful advice ;-)