Re: Re : Win32 binaries test / pg_dump problem

From: "Cyril VELTER" <cyril(dot)velter(at)metadys(dot)com>
To: "Andrew Dunstan" <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, <pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Re : Win32 binaries test / pg_dump problem
Date: 2004-05-28 17:09:41
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32 pgsql-patches

----- Original Message -----
From: "Andrew Dunstan" <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>

> Cyril VELTER said:
> > From: "Andrew Dunstan" <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>

> > or

> >> Sounds like we should have psql open the file in binary mode on
> >> Windows. Would that cause problems? I doubt it, but I wonder.
> >>

> probably in src/bin/psql/command.c::process_file()
>
> instead of mode "r" we should probably use the predefined constant
> PG_BINARY_R

OK, that do the trick for that particular case. doing a more test.sql |
psql basetest lead to the same error but psql basetest < test.sql does works
so I think it is a windows shell or "more" problem (cat test.sql | psql
basetest under msys works).

Should I submit a patch, or somebody can commit this change ? (I just
replaced "r" by PG_BINARY_R in src/bin/psql/command.c::process_file().

BTW do you have any idea on the backend crash while doing a copy to
stdout ? (I reduced the case to copying a date column. Will try with a more
recent snapshot).