PL/pgSQL & Cursors

From: "Dwelle, Timothy" <TDwelle(at)xperts(dot)com>
To: "'pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: PL/pgSQL & Cursors
Date: 2000-04-07 14:46:57
Lists: pgsql-sql

I have been playing around with the PL/pgSQL stuff, and I have
been having trouble getting cursors to work inside my PL/pgSQL
functions. Reading through the documentation, I see that:

(1) cursors must occur inside a transaction, and
(2) PL/pgSQL functions cannot start or end a transaction

Does this mean there is no way to use cursors inside a
PL/pgSQL function?

Any help would be appreciated.