LIKE IN

From: David Wheeler <david(at)kineticode(dot)com>
To: sfpug(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: LIKE IN
Date: 2004-03-02 05:04:12
Lists: sfpug

Hi All,

Quick question: Is there any way way to use LIKE with IN or ANY? In my
brief experiments, I couldn't get it to work.

In discussion on #postgresql, dennisb suggests:

"there are two problems, 1) the thing to the right has to be a
subquery, the list of values only works with IN of some strange reason.
2) to the left of any there must be an operator, = counts as an
operator but LIKE does not seem to do. I think LIKE should be an
operator"

So is this perhaps a bug? I mean, LIKE is certainly an operator, not a
function.

Regards,

David