Re: Progress and Questions

From: John DeSoi <desoi(at)pgedit(dot)com>
To: Eric M(dot) Cherry <cherry_eric(at)sbcglobal(dot)net>
Cc: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Progress and Questions
Date: 2006-09-04 04:21:56
Lists: pgsql-novice

You might get some better suggestions if you provide more details on
your goals and requirements. While learning SQL is a good thing, I
think there are much more accessible tools for a beginning programmer
who needs a database and custom interface. Have you looked at tools
like FileMaker and 4D?

On Sep 3, 2006, at 12:02 PM, Eric M. Cherry wrote:

> This is my first foray into anything like programming; to date, I
> have been the most common sort of end-user. I am daunted by the
> prospect of learning yet another language once I’m through this
> one. The broad range of available languages is just the first
> hurdle, and already I don’t know enough to make a sound decision.
> Is there a reason to pick one of those languages over another? I
> don’t even know what to consider in making a choice of what to tackle.

John DeSoi, Ph.D.
http://pgedit.com/
Power Tools for PostgreSQL