Re: Testing FusionIO

From: Ben Chobot <bench(at)silentmedia(dot)com>
To: Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim(at)gunduz(dot)org>
Cc: PostgreSQL - Performance <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Testing FusionIO
Date: 2010-03-08 17:38:55
Lists: pgsql-performance

We've enjoyed our FusionIO drives very much. They can do 100k iops without breaking a sweat. Just make sure you shut them down cleanly - it can up to 30 minutes per card to recover from a crash/plug pull test.

I also have serious questions about their longevity and failure mode when the flash finally burns out. Our hardware guys claim they have overbuilt the amount of flash on the card to be able to do their heavy writes for >5 years, but I remain skeptical.