Re: [HACKERS] How can we expand PostgreSQL ecosystem?

From: "Tsunakawa, Takayuki" <tsunakawa(dot)takay(at)jp(dot)fujitsu(dot)com>
To: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>, Josh berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Advocacy Group <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] How can we expand PostgreSQL ecosystem?
Date: 2016-03-10 03:29:02
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-hackers

> From: Adrian Klaver [mailto:adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com]
> On 03/07/2016 10:24 PM, Tsunakawa, Takayuki wrote:
> > The 2,000 ISV/OEM/VARs Oracle touts should be found in the "MySQL
> specialization" section of Oracle Partner Network (OPN) site, though I
> couldn't access. I wonder if and where I can get the partner/product
> listing for Oracle Database. That's what I want.
>
> Do you really want to track down every single use site/application that
> uses MySQL?
>
> Would it not be better to work from the other end, ask people what
> applications they want to use with Postgres and then compile a list of those
> are supported or not? Basically the first part of your previous post.

Agreed. I think I will make a web form questionnaire and post it to pgsql-advocacy and pgsql-announce.

But that would only solicit opinions of existing PostgreSQL users... Any advice would be much appreciated where to post the questionnaire to hear from other databases' users.

On the other hand, I want to get the application/service list for Oracle and MySQL. That will probably help us to select effective (=famous) applications to address in preference, though the selection may be subjective.

Regards
Takayuki Tsunakawa