psqlODBC crashes upon memory allocation failures

From: "Tsunakawa, Takayuki" <tsunakawa(dot)takay(at)jp(dot)fujitsu(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: psqlODBC crashes upon memory allocation failures
Date: 2016-01-28 06:27:14
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hello,

As I said here:

http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/0A3221C70F24FB45833433255569204D1F4DB1CF@G01JPEXMBYT05

psqlODBC ignores memory allocation failure in a number of places. That causes the application crash due to NULL dereference. Actually, I ran into the crash of my 32-bit application under high load.

The attached patch is the fix for it. I wish this will be included in the upcoming release.

Regards, Takayuki Tsunakawa

Attachment Content-Type Size
crash_on_nomem.patch application/octet-stream 20.3 KB