RE: pl/pgsql and returning rows

From: Jeff Eckermann <jeckermann(at)verio(dot)net>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org, wade <wade(at)wavefire(dot)com>
Subject: RE: pl/pgsql and returning rows
Date: 2001-03-27 21:43:22
Lists: pgsql-sql

As a workaround, you can insert your row into an existing table, then
retrieve it from there later. I think you need to enumerate all of the
fields, as in 'INSERT INTO table VALUES (ret.field1,
ret.field2,...ret.fieldn);'. At least, I haven't succeeded any other way.
Messy, but the best method available right now.