Re: adding stuff to parser, question

From: Grzegorz Jaskiewicz <gj(at)pointblue(dot)com(dot)pl>
To: Gregory Stark <stark(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: adding stuff to parser, question
Date: 2009-02-01 10:56:42
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 1 Feb 2009, at 10:25, Gregory Stark wrote:

> I'm sorry if I was unclear. It needs to be in keywords.c but can
> probably be
> marked as UNRESERVED_KEYWORD there rather than RESERVED_KEYWORD.
>
> In other words there are two places where you have to indicate
> whether it's
> reserved or not, keywords.c and gram.y.

Ok, ACKed.

>> So far I got mostly critique here, even tho - I haven't started
>> much, which is
>> quite sad in a way - because it is not very pro-creative, but I'll
>> still
>> continue on with the patch - whatever the outcome.
>
> Any change to the grammar meets the question of whether it conflicts
> with the
> standard. That's just the way it is and doesn't reflect on you or
> your work.

Sure, there's much broad problem with it too.
Wether it should grant/revoke SELECT to all user defined tables? In
all schemas, except for pg_catalog and information schema (the later,
I believe is already SELECT granted for all users).
Hence my question yesterday, how can I make sure I got all of these
oids.
I was suggested to use SearchSysCache* stuff to grab oids, but
honestly, I wouldn't mind to get some directions on that from you guys
here.

thanks.