pg_listener records

From: "David Parker" <dparker(at)tazznetworks(dot)com>
To: "postgres general" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: pg_listener records
Date: 2005-05-26 18:41:47
Lists: pgsql-general

In failover testing we have been doing recently (postgres 7.4.5 w/ slony
1.0.2) we have seen several times when the database comes back up after
a power failure it still has old pg_listener records hanging around from
its previous life. This causes some problems with slony, but of course
it is easy enough to implement a procedure to clean those records out,
which we have done.

But I'm wondering - shouldn't that be part of normal server startup,
cleaning out the pg_listener table? Or has this been addressed in 8.X.?
Or is there a reason this isn't a good idea?

- DAP
David Parker Tazz Networks (401) 709-5130