Re: pq_flush: send() failed: Broken pipe

From: "Chad Thompson" <chad(at)weblinkservices(dot)com>
To: "Josh Berkus" <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, "pgsql-novice" <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pq_flush: send() failed: Broken pipe
Date: 2003-02-25 18:48:51
Lists: pgsql-novice

> Chad,
>
> > I just upgraded from 7.2 to 7.3.1. I have a cron job that runs each night,
> > doing vaccum and analyze, and it was running just fine untill the upgrade.
> > I can run these commands just fine from the command line as both the root
> > and postgres users, but in my cron job it spits out the error "pq_flush:
> > send() failed: Broken pipe".
> >
> > What could I be doing wrong?
>
> I've seen that error before on my system, and it was because another system
> task was interrupting postgresql. Are you sure you didn't change anything
> else on the machine?

I have found that the job IS running, just not outputting to the logs.

I do a ps -ef and there it is vacuuming the database.

It throws and error when it starts ( pq_flush: send() failed: Broken pipe ) and when it finishes (LOG: pq_recvbuf: unexpected EOF on client connection)

Does that give anyone any ideas what could be wrong?

My current command is
0 23 * * * psql weblink -U postgres -c "vacuum full verbose;"

TIA for any ideas
Chad