Re: msvcr80.dll and PostgreSQL 8.3 under Windows XP

From: "Hiroshi Saito" <z-saito(at)guitar(dot)ocn(dot)ne(dot)jp>
To: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: "Hermann Muster" <Hermann(dot)Muster(at)gmx(dot)de>, <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: msvcr80.dll and PostgreSQL 8.3 under Windows XP
Date: 2008-02-04 17:04:45
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>

> So, is there some reason the runtimes might not install in non-English
> versions of Windows? We're using the Windows Installer merge module as
> per Microsoft's recommendations.

Surely your examination is passed. Therfore, It may be the problem of some languages.
However, It seems that MSVCR80 also has the version problem. Furthermore, the
problem was seen by VISTA...but but, I did not have a spare time....
Anyway, If there are again in addition to this situation, we need investigation deep as
a clear problem.

Regards,
Hiroshi Saito