postgres connections to database

From: RobertD(dot)Stewart(at)mail(dot)state(dot)ky(dot)us
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: postgres connections to database
Date: 2003-05-01 11:53:38
Lists: pgsql-general

Is there any configuration that can be made to help the amount of
connections to the database?

We are using postgres as the database for our Radius server.

We have many sessions at one time. We would like to know a way to configure
postgres to handle the sessions better.

Here are some messages we receive

rlm_sql (sql)

SQL query error; rejecting user

rlm_sql_getvpdata

database query error

rlm_sql_postgresql

no connection to the server

rlm_sql

You MUST FIX THIS if you want the configuration to behave as you expect.

The server is handling the Radius connections and nobody is being dropped
but we still get these messages.

Robert Stewart

Division of Communications

Office of Infrastructure Services

Governors Office for Technology

Commonwealth of Kentucky

W 502.564.4287

P 877.543.0473

C 502.330.5991

Email: RoberD(dot)Stewart(at)mail(dot)state(dot)ky(dot)us