Re: restore multiple tables postgres

From: "Rob Richardson" <Rob(dot)Richardson(at)rad-con(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-general" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: restore multiple tables postgres
Date: 2010-04-14 15:27:45
Lists: pgsql-general

I often have to create test copies of a production database. The
database has several large tables that contain historical data that is
not needed for our system to run, and just wastes time doing backups and
restores. I created two batch files, one for backing up and the other
for restoring. The backup file begins with a command to backup the
scheme of the database, and then there is a series of commands to backup
the tables I need, once command per table. The restore file works the
same way. I think a similar idea would help you. You could trim the
batch files (or at least the restore batch file) to give you only the
tables you need.

If you want, I'd be happy to E-mail you the batch files.

RobR