Re: SQL99, CREATE CAST, and initdb

From: "Rod Taylor" <rbt(at)zort(dot)ca>
To: "Thomas Lockhart" <lockhart(at)fourpalms(dot)org>, "PostgreSQL Hackers List" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: SQL99, CREATE CAST, and initdb
Date: 2002-06-20 21:31:42
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> I'm also looking at the SQL99 INFORMATION_SCHEMA views. Is anyone
> already defining these? Is someone interested in picking this up?
I've
> got some definitions in a contrib-style directory but have not yet
> mapped them to PostgreSQL.

I have a few of the basics done, but nothing really significant.

Once I get domains fairly fixed (don't think I'll get check
constraints done), I was going to attempt to finish off the small
group (triggeres, views, schemata, domains, etc.) for early July.

If your interested, send me a note and I'll forward the view
definitions and the patch for functions -- against fairly old source
(early 7.3).