Re: Red Hat Database

From: "Gregory Wood" <gregw(at)com-stock(dot)com>
To: "Steve Wolfe" <steve(at)iboats(dot)com>
Cc: "PostgreSQL-General" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Red Hat Database
Date: 2001-06-20 21:34:34
Lists: pgsql-general

> Also.... the comment that RHDB would be better for small businesses than
> large ones makes me think that it's not exactly high-performance or
> full-featured. : )

I think the comment was more geared towards the enormously expensive support
offered by Oracle and not by Red Hat:

"For the software to catch on beyond smaller customers, though, Red Hat
will have to offer round-the-clock support, he said. 'At the enterprise
level, they're not going to make a dent. But for small and midsized
companies, they could do pretty well.' "

Greg