Re: statement_timeout

From: Marcin Mańk <marcin(dot)mank(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: statement_timeout
Date: 2006-11-17 11:03:04
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

> If you have it set to less than the time needed to do a vacuum, then
> yes, autovac will fail. You expected differently? Do you think it's
> a good idea for autovac to ignore statement_timeout? (Maybe it is,
> but I suspect we'd get complaints about that too.)

"alter role set statement_timeout" solves my immediate problem (I did not
know about it, thanks guys). Maybe a comment in postgresql.conf, or docs:

# note: statement_timeout applies to autovacuum, pg_dump, vacuumdb etc.
# If you set it globally, consider "alter role postgres set
statement_timeout=0"

Greetings
Marcin Mańk