Re: Problem connecting to Postgres

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Peter Wilson" <petew(at)yellowhawk(dot)co(dot)uk>, <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Problem connecting to Postgres
Date: 2002-12-15 19:44:04
Lists: pgadmin-support

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Wilson [mailto:petew(at)yellowhawk(dot)co(dot)uk]
Sent: 15 December 2002 00:32
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: [pgadmin-support] Problem connecting to Postgres

I used pgadmin a while ago with no problems at all - a very
useful tool! After one of the upgrades I now cannot connect to my
postgres server (which runs on a spearate Linux box). When I try to
connect I get an error message from pgadmin:
An error has occured in pgAdminII:frmConnect_Click
Number: -2147467259

On the Linux console I get:
ERROR: Function: 'pg_client_encoding()' does not exist
Unable to identify a function that satisfies the given
argument types
You may need to add explicit typecasts

Hmm, odd. pgAdmin doesn't use that function - at least not in the
current release version, and there is no error message in the source
that refers to frmConnect_Click. 1.3.60 is quite an old dev version
though, can you try 1.4.12 and if it still doesn't work, recreate the
error with logging turned on to full debug and send the pgAdmin and
psqlodbc logfiles.

Regards, Dave.