Requirements for updated site

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Requirements for updated site
Date: 2004-01-14 19:34:11
Lists: pgsql-www

As we have some newcomers (g'day to them :-) ), I'll outline the basic
requirements for the new site that Andreas has been working on:

1) Should be multilingual for static and non-static pages.
2) The entire site must be able to be built into static HTML pages that
can be mirrored.
3) XHTML/CSS compliant.
4) The page width should be variable.
5) All common code should be moved into global files as appropriate.
6) An interface must be implemented to allow easy translation of pages,
preferably without the need for the translators to know HTML.

That's it in a nutshell. Specifically, with the exception of the width
thing we do *not* want a new design yet - that can wait until the new
framework is in place.

Robert has outlined much of the todo stuff already so I won't go over
that again, but *please* we must coordinate any effort rather than have
various ppl working on their own on the same problems.

Any questions, email the list, or I'll be on the #postgresql channel on
irc.freenode.net for a bit tonight (nick: pgsnake) as well as Yahoo
(pgsnake again).

Regards, Dave.