pg_clog woes with 7.3.2 - The Conclusion

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: pg_clog woes with 7.3.2 - The Conclusion
Date: 2003-04-23 11:14:14
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi all,

I'm happy to report that the bizarre problems I previously posted on the
new server I was building have now been resolved. Having tried a new
disk, new SCSI card, new SCSI cable and run memtest86 and badblocks
numerous times it seems that the problem was finally soved by
downgrading the bios. So, just for the archives:

Gigabyte GA-6VXTD Motherboard.
F3 bios that it shipped with did not work.
F2 bios (actually the newest on the website) works fine.

Thanks to everyone who chipped in with suggestions, and particularly Tom
who took the time to login and do some debugging.

Regards, Dave.